The PPT3000 offers high-resolution, servo-controlled pressure and volume expansion testing for plastic and related containers. The system can be used to verify that containers meet minimum pressure capabilities and to monitor the rate of volume expansion. This critical process management tool can be used in the laboratory or along side manufacturing lines to ensure that containers meet industry specifications.
Testing modes of the PPT3000
- Fill-Ramp Mode – simulates the conditions for filling operations
- Burst Pressure Mode – pressured quickly to a predefined pressure level
- Custom Test Mode – provides the capability to create unique profiles
- Programmable Volume Expansion Mode (optional) – enables operators to configure the duration of time for capturing the volume expansion during testing
- M-RULE® Shelf-Life Mode (optional) – provides material utilization and predicted shelf-life data
An optional mode is also available for testing aluminum bottle domes. This test mode applies controlled internal pressure to a container to the point of base failure.
- Integrated variable pressure programmability
- Improved volume expansion resolution and reporting
- Water temperature monitoring
- Pressure and volume expansion curves displayed during the test
- Operator input for mold number and end of test results
- Ability to set upper and lower control limits
- Integrated M-RULE® Shelf-Life prediction module (optional)