The AUTO-XTS is a fully-automated, on-line or stand-alone measurement system that provides non-destructive, complete double seam inspection for beverage fillers. The fully-automated AUTO-XTS combines the internal X-ray seam measurements of the SEAMscan XTS with a second station for external measurements into one robust unit, providing faster inspection results, and reduced labor costs.
Connectivity Required: Connection to LAN (RJ45), 1 fixed IP Address (for external database access)
Measures: Double Seam Inspection (Seam Thickness, Countersink Depth, Seam Height, Body Hook, Cover Hook, Overlap, Seam Gap, % Body Hook Butting) Wrinkle Rating (% Tightness) with option of Can Height.
- Faster and safer
- No product spoilage
- Proven, patented
- 360° tightness scan
- Operator independent
- World class R&R
- Data is sent automatically to Visionary QC™ or other data acquisition and SPC reporting software
- A robot handling system moves a complete range of filled beverage cans through the measurement stations.
- Station #1: The can is automatically carried to Station #1 for measurement of Countersink Depth and Seam Thickness using CMC-KUHNKE’s TSG Gauge series. Measurements are made in up to 36 locations around the can.
- Station #2: Patented XTS technology uses safe, low-power X-ray imaging to measure internal parameters of the seam, including tightness. The content is not affected by the X-ray.
- Station #3: Measuring the height of the can.
- Out-Feed: Once the double seam inspection has been completed, the cans are placed in order by head number either onto a conveyor for online systems, or into a carrying basket for manually loaded systems.
- Automatic wrinkle identification and percentage calculation
- Automatic dimple detection
- Automatic tab detection
- Excellent X-Ray-shielding (TÜV Rheinland tested to < 0.1 mSv per year)
- Easy to use calibration/verification mode (with calibration piece)
- Includes Visionary QC™ SPC Software
- Easy-to-use Statistical Process Control for quick analysis of can inspection data
- Flexible, secure database
- Intuitive inspection reports may be shared and exported
- Track trends and statistics with SPC Graphs
|Electrical Required:||100-240VAC 50-60Hz, average power consumption 600W|
|Air Pressure Required:||6-8 bar (90-145 psi), filtered dry air, max flow 35 SCFM|
|Measurement Units:||mm, in|
|Languages:||English, Spanish, Chinese, German|
|Dimensions:||260 x 200 x 120 cm (102 x 79 x 48 in), 400 kg (882 lbs)|
|Resolution:||0.01 mm (0.025 in)|
|Product Spec Sheet:||Download Spec Sheet|